Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Final Post

I will be honest this blogging thing is not really my style. I thought it would be interesting since I journal almost everyday. However its really complex and stressful. Obviously, I over committed myself this semester and I don't feel I gave my blog the attention it needed. There are so many blogging communities on my topic, it frustrated me to no end. I didn't want to repeat the topics I came across in different communities. I tried to approach from a different angle most of the time.

Overall the class was really interesting and the instructor's out of the box thinking intrigued me most. I would love to take another blogging class but I will make sure I dedicate enough time to the class. Writing is one of my passions and I learned through this class that I need to exercise self discipline if I plan to become a writer.

I did a lot of research on my project that I really didn't blog about that could have been helpful to some of my readers. It was extremely helpful to me that I'm starting a home based business next summer and donate proceeds to children who have been abused.

I do recommend others take this class it can bring about a sense of self discovery in yourself. I really want to make a difference when it comes to child abuse. I had no ideal I would feel such raw emotions within myself when it comes to this topic. I was abused as a child, I have friends who were abused, I know people who abuse their children, and it does more than sadden me, it infuriates me. A child is a gift from God and one day all those abusers will answer to their God, and I honestly pray He sends them all to hell.

2 comments:

Julie P.Q. said...

Thank you for your honesty about your blogging experiences. It's important to know what experiences people bring to the class and what they get out of it.

I am excited that you'll take this information with you on your new business venture!

Marci Jones said...

Personally I think some of your posts were the most personal and daring of the class. You clearly put alot of yourself into your work. Not sure if I would have been able to be so open about some of the things that happened in my life but you never know. There may be that one person that is reading some of your work randomly and you have affected them.

That possibility, in my book, makes it so worth going thru this experience no matter how hard it was and how you struggled.

Congrats!